There are many ways at which stress can affect human body, but among all the ways to which stress can harm human body, I decided to come out with these.
- Endocrine system; Our glands produce the hormones adrenaline and cortisol, which help reacts to stress. Our liver increase our blood-sugar level pressure to give us more energy. However, too much of stress can lead to Diabetes, lower immunity, and increase illness as well, mood swings, weight lost.
- Nervous system; Our nervous system causes hormones such as adrenaline and cortisol to be released. However, this increase our heart rate, our blood pressure, and the glucose levels in our body. All of which enable us to respond so quickly to stimuli or danger. However, too much stress can lead to irritability, anxiety, depression, headaches, or insomnia.
- Muscle skeletal system; Our muscle tense to protect us from injury. too much stress can lead to body aches and pains, tension, headaches, muscle spasms.
- Respiratory system; when we over stress ourselves, we breath more faster to take more oxygen that will enable our sustainability. And too much stress can lead to Hyperventilation and shortness of breath, as well as panic attacks in those who are prone to them
- Reproductive system; stress can affect sexual desire and malfunction of spermatozoa. However, too much stress can lead to impotence, disrupted menstrual cycle
- Gastrointestinal system; the way our body processes food is disrupted. Too much stress can lead to nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation.
- Cardiovascular system; when we stress too much, our heart beats faster and harder to distributes blood throughout our body. Blood vessel dilate or constrict to direct blood where our body needs it most, such as in our muscles. Too much stress can lead to high blood pressure, heart attack, stroke.
- Everyone under stress is at the risk of losing life at any given time.
However, we will discuss the ways we can handle stress in another page.