The organisers of the show of BBNaija 5th edition, meanwhile Multichoice, has announced that the fifth season of the show will premiere in July 2020.
Speaking on the return of BBNaija, the Chief Executive Officer of MultiChoice Nigeria, John Ugbe said,
“Big Brother Naija has been widely regarded as one of Africa’s biggest entertainment exports, being the biggest showcase of Nigeria’s diversity outside of core Nollywood. This fifth season promises to be more adventurous, exciting and entertaining, and will undoubtedly be the biggest thing on African television in 2020.”
Mr Ugbe added:
“The timing of the show is also particularly important, given the dominance of the COVID-19 pandemic; auditions for the fifth edition will now hold online and viewers and stakeholders alike can rest assured knowing that global best practices, precautions and preventive measures will be followed throughout the show, even as we guarantee the premium entertainment BBNaija is renowned for.”
However, the reality TV show has produced some of Nigeria’s biggest TV personalities since its maiden edition in 2006. Some of these personalities include
Cynthia “Cee-C” Nwadiora,
Bamike “BamBam” Olawunmi,
Tunde “Teddy A” Adenibuyan,
Tokunbo “Tboss” Idowu.
- The 5th season will kick off on July 2020.
- Auditions will take place ONLINE for only ten days — Wednesday, May 20, 2020, till Saturday, May 30, 2020.
- Contestants are expected to record a two-minute video of themselves stating why they should be picked to be a Housemate in season 5 of Big Brother Naija. Then log on to http://www.africamagic.tv/BBAudition to fill out the online registration form and upload their videos.
- Audition is free and open to interested male and female participants who are of Nigerian nationality with a valid Nigerian passport and must be 21 years of age by June 1, 2020.
- We also know that fans and viewers are in for an exciting and entertaining season. So, get ready to enjoy weeks of unending drama, intrigue, romance, Friday night games, the famous Saturday night parties and an overall battle of wits as the Housemates vie for the ultimate prize.